Turkeys are such interesting birds, aren't they. Some would say they are so ugly they are quite beautiful. One of my boys favorite things to do is to search for and collect turkey feathers on my parents land in Texas.
At one of our favorite farms, there are several turkeys what stroll around proudly and will let you gently touch their feathers. My youngest especially loves the turkeys.
So in honor of "turkey day" I thought I would give you a little test to see how much you all know about this native species of the United States.
1. What is a male turkey called?
2. What is a female turkey called?
3. What is a turkey babies are called?
4. Who wanted to name the turkey the national bird of this U.S.?
5. Female turkeys lay their eggs where?
6. Wild turkeys can fly and run well, true or false?
Post your answers in the comments section.
For those of you who will be celebrating with your families and friends this weekend, we at The Magnifying Glass wish you a very happy Thanksgiving!